Today I start an experimental process that will tie in with being creative everyday, help me prepare for applying to graduate school, and move forward with my writing and art. I am starting my own MFA program. I am currently reading The Portable MFA by the New York Writers Workshop, and although some of the chapters are more of a basic review than an in-depth look into the craft of fiction or poetry, it is still enough for me to get started. I need impetus and structure, guidelines and flexibility. I need to be in touch with a community of writers. So please feel free to contact me about joining in. It will be exactly two months. I hope to have a really well written and polished short story by then, or more than one piece of flash fiction or poetry. Wish me luck.
- I'm on a Nell Zink kick and I'm not stopping. #Fridayreads 1 month ago
- @realDonaldTrump You have officially entered us into Idiocracy. 1 month ago
- @matt_jakubowski I'm reading her book Nicotine right now and loving it. It's such a strange mix of beauty and ridiculousness. 1 month ago
- Reading gatherings cookbook by @theforestfeast , consuming orange seltzer and toffee peanuts #postthesisjoy 1 month ago
- Thinking about: being everything you are under the stars and loneliness dissipating because of that #postthesisjoy 1 month ago